From: Federal Government(Federal)
Aug 08, 2017 6:43 pm
Installation of Vindicator Intrusion Detection System (IDS) in accordance with attached Solicitation, Brand Name justification and Statement of Work.
Aug 30, 2017 10:19 am Extend Solicitation closing date: 7 Sept 2107 at 2:00PM CST
Add: Request for Information and Answers:
Intrusion Detection System (IDS) Suite 105W, AFSOC
1. What exactly is "Four (4) new alarm prox reader panels, for replacement of current panels at 3 locations within the alarmed facility". Does this mean there are (3) access control doors that need card readers for entry and egress?
A: Yes, access control doors for the entry and egress. I need two HID 2 pivClass w/keypad and 2 pivClass w/o keypad. I am unsure what the MR-50 Portal Controllers are.
Equipment list would be (2) HID pivClass w/ Keypad, (2) HID pivClass w/o Keypad, (6) MR-50 Portal Controllers, etc.
2. Do these doors have doors strikes or maglocks? If they are maglocks do they have emergency exit buttons or crash bars for emergency egress?
A: One each a strike and a maglock. The maglock do not have an emergency exit button or crash currently will need to install exit button.
3. Do you have a facility diagram for proposed IDS locations?
A: I have a diagram will supply when contract is awarded
4. Are these "two (2) Balanced Magnetic Switch (BMS) and two (2) motion sensors" two (2) separate alarmed areas or just one? What type of rooms are these, Open Storage/SCIF/SAPF?
A: There are two separate rooms and they are open storage/SCIF/SAPFs
5. Where are the CC Cameras and TV's going? Are these to see who's at the entry door of the alarmed area or is it used for an entrapment area, or other (please explain)?
A: To see who is coming into and exiting the facility
6. For Access Control a Vindicator Badge Manager would need to be added to enroll people into the areas.
A: I guess this is a yes or no question, so Yes
7. SOW says power and communication is within 20 ft. Does this mean the NIPR network switch and facility power panel with dedicated circuit is within 20ft of the proposed V5 Enclosure location? If not, I would need the distance from the proposed location(s) back to the facility power panel and to the facility communications room where the NIPR switch is located.
A: Yes, there is a power source within 20 ft
8. What is the 105W? I thought the 105th was in New York?
A: 105W is a room number
9. Are Scaled Drawings available?
A: I guess you are asking for drawings of the space. I do not have drawings to scale
10. Are Ceilings Suspended? Or Hard Lid?
A: Drop ceiling
11. Are there existing Cable Trays for wiring above ceilings?
12. Can Existing Wiring be utilized?
A: Yes, existing wire can be utilized.
13. Is a "UPS" required? If so, What Time/Power Duration is required?
A: I believe so, 8 hours
14. Is there a BILL OF MATERIALS?
A: Review Statement of Work for description of requirement
15. Is "Plenum Wire" acceptable?
A: Yes! As long as it meets codes.
16. Is "After Hours Access" for said work, available to contractor at no add'l cost to the Gov't?
A: It is, will need advance notice