Dec 14, 2017 7:53 am INTRODUCTION
THIS IS A PRE-SOLICITATION NON-COMPETITIVE (NOTICE OF INTENT) SYNOPSIS TO AWARD A CONTRACT OR PURCHASE ORDER WITHOUT PROVIDING FOR FULL OR OPEN COMPETITION (INCLUDING BRAND-NAME).
The National Institutes of Health (NIH), Clinical Center (CC), Office of Purchasing and Contracts (OPC) on behalf of the Department of Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Center (CC) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) intends to negotiate and award a contract without providing for full and open competition (Including brand-name) to:
Eurofins Viracor, Inc.
1001 NW Technology Dr
Lees Summit, MO, 64086-5603 ,
NORTH AMERICAN INDUSTRY CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM (NAICS) CODE
The intended procurement is classified under NAICS code 621511 with a Size Standard $32.5 million.
The resultant contract will include all applicable provisions and clauses in effect through the Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) 2005-96, November 6, 2017. This acquisition is conducted under the procedures as prescribed in FAR subpart 13-Simplified Acquisition Procedures at an amount not exceeding the simplified acquisition threshold ($150,000).
This acquisition is conducted under the authority of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 13-Simplified Acquisition Procedures, Subpart 13.106-1 (b) (1), Soliciting from a single source and is not expected to exceed the simplified acquisition threshold. Contracts awarded using FAR Part 13-Simplified Acquisition Procedures are exempt from the requirements of FAR Part 6-Competition Requirements.
1. Title: CMV molecular resistance (genotype) testing and isavuconazole drug level testing directly from clinical specimens for routine patient care testing of Clinical Center patients.
2. Background Information: The Department of Laboratory Medicine serves as the clinical laboratory of the NIH Clinical Center. It provides laboratory support for patient care and research protocols and performs research and training in disciplines of Clinical Pathology. In doing so it provides state-of-the-art laboratory testing in support of Clinical Center patient care and serves as a center of excellence in research and training in laboratory medicine, particularly in areas which utilize the unique strengths of the National Institutes of Health.
3. Purpose or Objective: The purpose of this procurement is to support CMV molecular resistance (genotype) testing and isavuconazole drug level testing directly from clinical specimens for routine patient care testing of Clinical Center patients. This testing is not currently offered in house by the DLM Microbiology Service due to the complexity of testing, thus these test requests are outsourced to a CLIA certified vendor.
4. Period of Performance: BASE of One (1) Year with 4 additional Option Periods of One (1) Year each.
CONTRACTOR REQUIREMENTS (SCOPE OF WORK)
Contractor must provide test results via fax within 7-14 days of specimen receipt.
• CMV antiviral resistance (test code 5600; $2251)
• Isavuconazole levels (test code 4900; $160)
1. Period of Performance (POP). Anticipated award on or around January 1st, 2018 for a period of one year with four additional option periods of one year each.
CONTRACTING WITHOUT PROVIDING FOR FULL OR OPEN COMPETITION (INCLUDING BRAND-NAME) DETERMINATION
The intended sole source is the only known source to meet the technical needs of the scientific equipment/supplies. The determination by the Government to award a contract without providing for full and open competition is based upon the market research conducted as prescribed in FAR Part 10-Market Research.
This synopsis is not a request for competitive proposals. However, interested parties may identify their interest and capability to respond to this notice. Responses to this notice shall contain sufficient information to establish the interested parties' bona-fide capabilities for fulfilling the requirement and include a technical proposal, a cost-price proposal, the period of performance, the Dun & Bradstreet Number (DUNS), the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), and the certification of business size. All offerors must have an active registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) www.sam.gov
A determination by the Government not to compete this proposed contract based upon responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government. The information received will normally be considered solely for the purposes of determining whether to proceed on a non-competitive basis or to conduct a competitive procurement.
All responses must be received by December 29, 2017, 10:00 AM Eastern time and must reference solicitation number 18-001562. Responses may be submitted electronically to Mr. Christopher Lauver, Contracting Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Fax responses will not be accepted.
"All responsible sources may submit a capability statement, proposal, or quotation, which shall be considered by the agency."