Dec 14, 2017 4:30 pm
This is a Request for Information.
This is not a request for bids or proposals. No price quotations or offers will be accepted.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is seeking information for planning purposes for the potential procurement of digital static exciters for use at the St. Mary's Falls Hydropower Plant at Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. All parties, large business or small, are encouraged to respond to this Request to assist in the determination as to whether the Corps of Engineers should replace existing equipment with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts, or open the procurement to the general market to allow other manufacturers to compete for the supply contract with equipment that meets all of the performance and physical characteristics needed to replace components within existing operational power generation systems.
The existing equipment that is to be replaced consists of Unitrol Excitation Systems for FIVE (5) hydropower generators, as manufactured by ABB. Replacement systems must in all ways meet or exceed the standards and perform to the specifications of the existing systems, except that the new systems shall be digital replacements to existing analog equipment. Specific requirements are as follows:
1. Digital static exciters equivalent to UNITROL 6080, by ABB
2. I/O electronics boards
3. Firing electronics board
4. Measuring electronics board
5. Power supply to new electronics boards, AC and DC inputs
6. Modbus communications module (copper media - RS-485)
7. Microsoft based diagnostic software - 2 copies
8. Single channel digital AVR (automatic voltage regulator) system with auto and manual backup mode. Each AVR to have auto, manual, and PF/VAR control.
9. Bi-directional follow up function for bump-less transfer from auto/manual
10. Maximum field current, load angle limiter, and V/Hz flux limiter
11. Generator PT monitoring
12. Power System Stabilizer, IEEE type 2A/2B embedded in control electronics
13. Microprocessor Thyristor firing circuit
14. V/Hz (59F) and loss of field software protection
15. Provision for remote control, metering, and annunciation via hardwired I/O
16. Touch screen HMI: 15" ECT (excitation control terminal) mounted on the exciter cubicle
17. Megamax breaker FIS/1250 replacement including DR retrofit kit
18. Maintain interlock between field breaker and generator ACB.
19. Maintain hardwired control signals to the PLC based governor, bench board, RTU, SCADA, and electronic protective relays.
In addition to the parts for a complete exciter system, provide installation, reconnection, supervision, and commissioning. Provide circuit diagram, general layout, detailed layout, factory acceptance testing, commissioning procedure, commissioning report, and O & M manuals for the new controller.
The following spare parts would be procured with the exciter upgrade:
1. (12) Each type of status lights (lamp and fixture)
2. (12) Each type of air filters
3. (2) Each type of field breakers
4. (2) Each type of relay and contactor
5. (2) Each type of electronics board
6. (2) Each type of electronics power supply
7. (2) Each type of communications module
8. (2) UNS 4901 Control box with CCM pin 6080
9. (2) PC D235 Combined I/O board CIO
10. (2) UNS 0881aP-V1 GDI Gate Driver Interface
11. (2) Measurement Card PIN 51
12. (2) Power Supply Input 85-264VAC/100-350 VDC, output 24VDC, 10A
13. (2) 15" ECT Panel TPC-1551T-32GB
14. (2) MICO 2.6 Advanced Current Distributor - Nominal voltage 24VDC
15. (2) Mini MCR-SL-UI-UI Transducer: input 0-10V/ output 4-20mA
16. (2) KS D211B Input coupling
Parties who would likely respond to an open solicitation for a supply contract should submit a brief letter or similar narrative to indicate how the respondent would be able to satisfy the Government's needs with the respondent's equipment, parts, and installation services. This document should be accompanied by product literature that expressly indicates the name, model, application, dimensions, and performance specifications of equipment that would be offered in place of OEM materials.
Submit responses via electronic mail to the following address: LRE-Quotes@usace.army.mil
Request for Information W911XK18R0009 Hydropower Exciters