Dec 18, 2017 2:04 pm NASA/NSSC has a requirement for One Year Renewal of MAX/DRAGON & colocation fees.
NASA/NSSC intends to issue a sole source contract to University of Maryland under the authority of FAR 13.106-1(b)(1)(i). Competition is impractical as no other vendor can fulfill the following requirements:
Description of requirement:
The Mid-Atlantic Crossroads (MAX) is a consortium that is managed by the University of Maryland, College Park,MD. It offers a number of things that are unique:
- Access to 44 Optical Wave Lengths from GSFC to various metropolitan and wide area research networks, allowing us to do collaborative high
speed data transfer testing with the MAX, ESnet, Internet2, Starlight, and others, and our wide area demos at the Super Computing conferences.
- Co-location in MAX suite in the Level3 Communications McLean, VA Point of Presence (POP), with rack space and power for our servers, switches and routers.
- Access to the facility for installation, upgrades and configurations.
- Remote-hands support when needed.
- Peering and partnership with other MAX members and connections for both demonstrations and long term connections for NASA to other sites via both the research and production networks connected via the MAX/DRAGON.
NASA/NSSC will be the procuring center for this effort. Shipping address is NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center, 8800 Greenbelt Road, Greenbelt, MD 20771.
The Government intends to acquire commercial items and services using the provisions, clauses and procedures prescribed in FAR Part 12 and FAR Part 13.
The NAICS Code for this procurement is 518210.
Interested organizations may submit their capabilities and qualifications to perform the effort by email to Dorothy.firstname.lastname@example.org
not later than 12:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday, January 2, 2018. Such capabilities/qualifications will be evaluated solely for the purpose of determining whether or not to conduct this procurement on a competitive basis. A determination by the Government not to compete this proposed effort on a full and open competition basis, based upon responses to this notice, is solely within the discretion of the government.
Oral communications ARE NOT acceptable in response to this notice.
NASA Clause 1852.215-84, Ombudsman, is applicable. The Center Ombudsman for this acquisition can be found at http://prod.nais.nasa.gov/pub/pub_library/Omb.html