Sep 11, 2017 6:17 pm This is a SOURCES SOUGHT SYNOPSIS and is for information/market research purposes only. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS, QUOTATIONS OR BIDS, NOR A SYNOPSIS OF A PROPOSED CONTRACT ACTION UNDER FAR SUYBPART 5.2. Proposed project will be a competitive, firm-fixed price contract. The type of solicitation to be issued will depend upon information received in response to this sources sought announcement. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this sources sought announcement or any follow up information. Responses to this sources sought announcement will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. NO SOLICITATION IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. This is not a request to be placed on a solicitation mailing list and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Corps. The results of this survey will be considered to be in effect for a period of one year from the date of this notice.
The purpose of this notice is to gain knowledge of potentially qualified Small Businesses (SB), 8(a), Small Disadvantage Business (SDB), Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB), Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), or HUBZone prime contractor business sources and their size classifications relative to the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code of 237990, Other Heavy and Civil Engineering Construction; small business size standard is $36.5 Million. The Federal Service Code (FSC) is Y299. Depending upon the responses in the small business categories listed above, the solicitation will either be set aside in one of the latter categories or be issued as unrestricted open to both small and large businesses. The magnitude of construction is $10,000,000.00 to $25,000,000.00
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Seattle District, requires restoration of a barrier dune located in Tokeland, Washington in Willapa Bay by the dredging of approximately 450,000 cubic yards from an established in-water borrow site (approximately 1.5 miles from the borrow site to the dune location) and placement on the existing beach legacy dune location. The work needs to be performed over a period of one construction season estimated between June and October of 2018. The purpose of the work is to restore the entire length of an approximately 10,000 ft. long existing dune to its authorized height of 25 ft. MLLW. The dune has been severely eroded in certain areas due to recent wave and storm activity. The dune will require shaping to meet dune cross section profile requirements. The use of cutter suction hydraulic dredges or hopper dredges is acceptable. There is no land based access at this site for heavy equipment. Additionally, approximately 70,000 tons of minus 9 inch cobble needs to be placed at the foot of the northern portion of the dune to provide armoring as a dynamic revetment according to specifications.
Verify equipment availability during the projected 2018 construction schedule of 1 June-
31 October 2018.
Provide at least one example of a beach nourishment or dune construction project completed in the last 7 years using a cutter suction pipeline hydraulic dredge or hopper dredge. Include the project owner, location of the project, volume placed in cubic yards, constructed cost and duration of construction.
Interested firms should submit a capabilities package, to include the following:
1. Firm's name, address (mailing and URL), point of contact, phone number, email address.
2. Business classification, i.e., Small Business (SB), Small Disadvantage Business (SDB), Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB), Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) Small Business, 8(a) Program, or Other Than Small Business (large business).
3. Information regarding the firm's owned equipment including vessel names, footprint of the dredges, pipeline size (if pipeline dredging method is used) used or hopper dredge name and hopper capacity, booster pump size (horsepower) and maximum dredging depths.
4. Firm's interest in responding to the solicitation
5. CAGE code and DUNS number.
6. Firm's Joint Venture Information, if applicable
7. Bonding Information:
8. Provide the following, on the bonding company's letterhead:
9. (1) Bonding Limits
(a) Single Bond
10. Of the total proposed SOW, estimate the percentage (%) to be performed by small and other than small (large) businesses.
11. All interested parties of any business classification who believe they can meet the requirements are invited to submit, in writing, complete information describing their interest and ability to meet all requirements stated above.
Responses to this Synopsis will be shared with the Government Project Team, but otherwise will be held in strict confidence.
The official Synopsis citing a solicitation number will be issued on Federal Business Opportunities (www.FBO.gov
) inviting firms to register electronically to receive a copy of a solicitation should one be issued.
Responses to the Sources Sought Synopsis should be received as soon as possible but no later than 10:00 am (Pacific Daylight Time) on September 26, 2017. The responses should be forwarded to the attention of Bonilie Lackey, Contract Specialist, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All interested firms must be registered in SAM (https://www.sam.gov
) and remain current for the duration of the contract to be eligible for award of Government contracts.