Dec 04, 2017 11:59 am
W56KGU-18-R-0005 Request for Information (RFI) for Direction Finding (DF) Systems
This Request for Information (RFI) is for planning purposes only and shall not be considered as an Invitation for Bid, Request for Quotation, or a Request for Proposal (RFP). Additionally, there is no obligation on the part of the Government to acquire any products or services described in this RFI. Response to this RFI will be treated only as information for the Government to consider. You will not be entitled to payment for direct or indirect costs that you incur in responding to this RFI. This request does not constitute a solicitation for proposals or the authority to enter into negotiations to award a contract. No funds have been authorized, appropriated or received for this effort. The information provided may be used by the Army in developing its acquisition strategy, Statement of Work/Statement of Objectives and Performance Based Specification. Interested parties are responsible for adequately marking proprietary, restricted or competition sensitive information contained in their response. The Government does not intend to award a contract based on this RFI or to otherwise pay for the information submitted in response to this RFI.
The U.S Army Contracting Command-Aberdeen Proving Ground (ACC-APG) on behalf of the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Research Development and Engineering Center (CERDEC), Space and Terrestrial Communications Directorate (S&TCD) is interested in receiving technical specifications on ultra-wideband Direction Finding (DF)systems, which are either Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) or Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) products or mature prototypes satisfying TRL 6 and above.
This RFI seeks information regarding an on-the-move, geolocation and direction finding system. The system can be made up of several hardware components to provide the user with a force protection (FP) timing-protocol compliant SIGINT system. The system should perform timing-protocol compliant spectral scan along with simultaneous line-of-bearing (LOB) and power based geo-location awareness on multiple targets of interest in the VHF and UHF spectrum.
Vendors may respond with technical information on COTS products or mature prototypes that meet the requirements as specified below. Vendors may also respond with information on COTS or mature prototype systems that meet the majority of the specifications and which have a potential to be improved to meet the full specification.
Objective System Attributes
Overall system performance requirements:
-The system must integrate multiple spectrum analysis capabilities into a single package that will provide real-time spectrum situational awareness to the soldier.
-Perform RF direction finding
-Perform power based geolocations and EW asset compliant spectrum scanning
-Perform persistent mission related data logging of lines of bearing (LOBs), GPS, RF detections and power based geolocations
Physical Specifications:• Antenna Mount Types - Fixed and/or magnetic
• Fixed Mount Configuration- 4-bolt NATO
• Power Source - standard military 9-32 VDC input, 150 watts peak
• Platform Type - platform agnostic
• Application Type - on vehicle or deployable at the halt
• Availability - COTS/GOTS or TRL 6+
System Performance Specifications:• Antenna VSWR: <2.0 maximum across the band
• Direction Finding Accuracy - <20 (objective: 15)
• Antenna Input Power Handling: 25W
• DF System Frequency Coverage - 30-3000 MHz
• Antenna Polarization - Vertical (GPS - circular)
• Antenna Impedance - 50 ohm nominal
• System Bandwidth - 500 Hz to 200 kHz
• Waveforms - CW, SSB, AM, FM
• System Scan Rate - 40 channels/sec
System Performance Requirements:
• Perform RF direction finding
• Perform power based geolocations and EW asset compliant spectrum scanning
• Perform persistent mission related data logging of lines of bearing (LOBs), GPS, RF detections and power based geolocations
• Provide means to display information in an easy-to-understand format
• Provide all software and hardware to control the DF system with intuitive operator controls.
• The software will be used to control the operation of the sensors and view the signals of interest (SOI) detections, LOBs, and geolocations in real-time. The software should support a map based display and a vehicle-centric compass display as well as an EW asset compliant spectrum analyzer.
The DF system must not subject vehicle occupants to dangerous levels of electromagnetic radiation, and shall comply with established Army exposure safety standards.
The DF system shall be capable of operating under established MIL-STD-810G environmental and weather conditions.
The associated North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code for this procurement is 541715. The anticipated place of contract performance is Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland.
• White papers shall be no more than ten (10) pages using a 10 point font minimum and shall be in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF format. Proprietary information, if any, shall bear appropriate restrictive legends.
White papers shall not contain any classified information.
• Please provide a cover sheet to your white paper submission with the following information as applicable:
-Name, mailing address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail of designated Point of Contact.
• This notice is effective
December 4, 2017 and will end on
January 18, 2018 at 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.
Please submit your written responses with appropriate carbon copies (cc) to
all of the following individuals:
Mr. Mitchell Mayer, email@example.com
Mr. Mohamed Khalil, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Johanna Hersch, Johanna.email@example.com
The email subject line shall state "W56KGU-18-R-0005 RFI for DF Antennas."
No telephone requests shall be honored.