Dec 21, 2017 1:53 am 1. THIS IS A PRESOLICITATION NOTICE ONLY. THIS IS NOT A INVITATION FOR BID. NO SPECIFICATIONS OR DRAWINGS ARE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
2. CONTRACTOR LICENSING REQUIREMENTS: Any contract resulting from this solicitation will be awarded and performed in its entirety in the country of Japan. Contractors must be duly authorized to operate and conduct business in Japan and must fully comply with all laws, decrees, labor standards, and regulations of Japan during the performance of the contract. Prior to award of any contract, offerors must be registered to do business in Japan and possess a construction license (Kensetsu Gyo Kyoka) issued by the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, or prefectural government.
Offerors will be required to provide verification of such construction license prior to award of any contract to the contracting officer if such information is not already on file with or available to the contracting officer. In the case of offers from a joint venture, at least one of the joint ventures must possess and provide verification of such construction license prior to award.
STATUS OF FORCES AGREEMENT: The U.S. Government will not offer â€œUnited States Official Contractorâ€ status under Article XIV of the U.S.-Japan Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) to any offeror awarded a contract under this solicitation; nor will the U.S. Government certify any employees of a contractor as â€œMembers of the Civilian Componentâ€ under Article I(b) of the SOFA.
This acquisition will be solicited as competitive to local sources in accordance with FAR 6.302-4. Local sources are those persons or entities normally resident and licensed to conduct business in Japan. Offers from non-local sources will not be considered under this solicitation, in accordance with the provisions of the U.S. - Japan Status of Forces Agreement.
4. This procurement shall utilize a price only procedures issuing one solicitation with the intent to award a Firm Fixed Price Design-Bid-Build contract for the project entitled â€œRestore Q3 TPU and UH Facility, Bldg. 1969 at the U.S. Fleet Activities, Yokosuka, Japan.â€
5. The project is comprised on a basic award.
6. The Basic award (CLIN 0001) scope of work includes, but is not limited to, labor, supervision, tools, materials, the miscellaneous repairs, improvements, removal and disposal of materials, clean-up, related miscellaneous work, transportation and equipment necessary to the renovation of Bldg.
1969 at U.S. Fleet Activities, Yokosuka, Japan and all incidental related work. The project provides a complete and usable facility.
7. Per FAR 36.204, the magnitude of this project is between $10,000,000 and $15,000,000
8. Award will be made to the responsible bidder.
9. The solicitation will be issued on or about 16 January 2018. Bid closing date will be due on or about 16 February 2018 at NAVFAC FAR EAST Yokosuka, Japan at the time specified in the solicitation.
10. Bidders can view and/or download the solicitation at https://www.fbo.gov
when it becomes available. NO HARD COPIES WILL BE PROVIDED. Notification of any amendments to the solicitation will only be made on the FebBizOpps website for any posted changes.
IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OFFEROR TO CONTINUALLY VIEW THE WEBSITE FOR ANY AMENDMENTS ISSUED TO THE SOLICITATION.
11. Offerors must be registered with the System for Award Management (SAM) in order to receive a Government contract award. To register, the SAM Internet address is: https://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM/.
Offerors must have an active registration in SAM and must have active Representations and Certifications in SAM. Interested offerors are encouraged to register as soon as possible.
12. The information being requested does not constitute an Invitation for Bid or a commitment on the part of the Government to award a contract, nor to pay for any costs incurred as a result in replying to this notice.
This notice shall not be construed as a commitment by the Government for any purpose. The point of contact for this solicitation is Daniel Calvo, Contracting Officer at +81-46-816-5420, Daniel.email@example.com
, or Toshiki Hisasue, Contract Specialist at +81-46-816-4097, firstname.lastname@example.org