Dec 12, 2017 1:37 pm Solicitation for Offers No: 6MI0203
Procurement Type: Pre-solicitation
Statement of Requirements: The Government is seeking to lease office and related space in Benton Harbor, MI for a minimum of 6,837 ANSI/BOMA Office Area (ABOA) and a maximum of 7,179 ABOA.
City, State: Benton Harbor, Michigan
North: St. Joseph River from Lake Michigan to Main Street, Benton Harbor, MI;
East: U.S. Interstate 94 (I-94);
South: Napier Avenue to Niles Avenue to State Wallace to Lake Michigan;
West: Lake Michigan.
Minimum Sq. Ft. (ABOA): 6,837 ABOA SF
Maximum Sq. Ft. (ABOA): 7,179 ABOA SF
Space Type: Office and related space
Parking Spaces (Total): Parking per local code
Full Term: Ten (10) Years (120-Months)
Firm Term: Five (5) Years (60-Months)
Option Term: None
• Space must be located in a prime commercial office district with attractive surroundings with a prevalence of modern design and/or tasteful rehabilitation in modern use.
• Space shall be located in a professional office setting and not within close proximity to residential areas, railroad tracks or power transmission lines.
• Space will not be considered where any living quarters are located within the building.
• Space shall not be located within the 100-year flood plain or wetland unless the Government has determined it to be the only practicable alternative.
• Space should not be located near establishments whose primary operation is the sale of alcoholic beverages, firearms sold/discharged, or where there are tenants related to drug treatment or detention facilities.
• Regularly scheduled public transportation (if provided by municipality) during the workday is required within 2 city blocks or 600 feet, whichever is less.
• Subleases are not acceptable.
• Office space must be contiguous, on one floor.
• Space configuration shall be conducive to an efficient layout. Consideration for an efficient layout will include, but not be limited to the following: size and location of interior fire (support) walls, size and number of columns, column placement, bay depths, window size and placement, convector size and placement, electrical and telephone accessibility, and angles, curves or offsets that will result in an inefficient use of space.
• The following space configurations will not be considered: Space with atriums or other areas interrupting contiguous space, extremely long or narrow runs of space (more than twice as long as wide), irregularly shaped space configurations or other unusual building features adversely affecting usage.
• Columns size cannot exceed two (2') feet square and space between columns and/or walls cannot be less than twenty (20') feet.
• The offered space must meet or be capable of meeting Government requirements for Security, Fire Life Safety and Handicapped Accessibility.
• If space offered is above ground level, at least two (2) accessible elevators will be required.
• The Government requires a fully serviced lease. All services, janitorial supplies, utilities and tenant alterations are to be provided as part of the rental consideration.
• The Government will have access to the space 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Federal Holidays).
Expressions of Interest should include the following:
1. Building name and address and location of the available space within the building. The building site/lot plans, interior building layout drawings/pictures (with dimensions shown preferably) reflecting the space that is being offered.
2. Identification of public transit routes/stops near the property offered.
3. Rentable square feet available and expected rental rate per rentable square foot, fully serviced.
4. ANSI/BOMA office area (ABOA) square feet to be offered and expected rental rate per ABOA square foot, fully serviced. Indicate whether the quoted rental rate includes an amount for tenant improvements and state the amount, if any.
5. Date of space availability.
6. Building ownership information.
7. Brokers submitting properties
MUST show authorization from the property owner to submit property on behalf of the property owner; this can include, but is not limited to a listing agreement, letter from property owner authorizing broker to submit the property, purchase/ sale agreement, option, etc.
8. Amount of parking available on-site and its cost. Include whether expected rental rate includes the cost of the required Government parking (if any).
9. Energy efficiency and renewable energy features existing within the building.
10. List of building services provided.
Expressions of Interest Due:
4:30 p.m. Eastern, Friday, January 19, 2018
Wednesday, February 17, 2021Government Contact. In no event shall the offeror enter into negotiations or discussions concerning the space to be leased with representatives of any Federal Agency other than the officers and employees of the General Services Administration (GSA) or their authorized representative.
Submit Expressions of Interest to:
Nate Scherpinesse, Sr. Associate, CBRE-GR
634 Front Avenue, NW, Suite 550
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49504