This is a Sources Sought Notice only. The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Energy anticipates issuing a Request for Proposal (RFP) for Optimization Contractor-Owned Contractor-Operated (COCO) retail fuel services at Pinon Canyon, Colorado. This notice is issued for the purpose of market research in accordance with Federal Acquisitions Regulation (FAR) Part 10. This is not a RFP, a promise to issue a RFP, or a promise by the Government to pay for information received in response to this notice or any subsequent announcement. This information is subject to modification, and in no way binds the Government to award a contract. For reference purposes, this FBO notice is numbered SPE603-20-R-5X04.
DLA Energy, Bulk Petroleum Business Unit-FESAB seeks to identify potential qualified businesses that are able to provide operation, management, maintenance, product quality surveillance, inventory control and accounting, security, safety, and environmental protection for retail/bulk fuel services for fuel facilities, related structures, and other property.
The Government plans to award a firm fixed price contract consisting a four-year base period of performance, five-year options and a six months extension. Contracts awarded are subject to FAR 52.222-41, Service Contract Labor Standards. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code is 493190 (Other Warehousing and Storage) with a size standard of $27.5 million dollars.
The procurement may be unrestricted and utilize full and open competition in accordance with FAR 6.1. However, in accordance with FAR 19.502-2 (b) the Contracting Officer will consider a total small business set-aside if market research suggests offers can be obtained from at least two responsible small business concerns at fair market prices. The solicitation will be posted on or after 1 March, 2020 and will close about 45 days thereafter. The solicitation will be published electronically on the Federal Business Opportunities website at www.fbo.gov
. Interested parties responding to the solicitation will be required to register in the System for Award Management (SAM) and Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment (PIEE) previously known as Wide Area Workflow (WAWF).
In responding to this notice, please provide the following:
1. A company profile to include number of employees, office location (s), DUNS/CAGE Code number, and a statement regarding current business status (Small or other than small). Please note that registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) is required for DLA Energy contractors.
2. Capability of providing qualified and experienced personnel, with appropriate clearances, if required.
3. Past Performance Information: Do you have past performance as a prime contractor or subcontractor on service contracts for similar fuels management requirements? If so, please provide the following: Contract Number, Name of Government Agency or Commercial Entity, Period of Performance, Dollar Value, Type of Contract (Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursement, etc.), and an explanation of services provided as they relate to COCO fuels management. If your firm acted as subcontractor or joint venture, name the prime contractor or other party, the specific work performed and percentage. Please address any past performance problems, and resolutions taken.
4. Do you anticipate any type of teaming arrangement for this requirement? If yes, please address what kind of arrangement and what percentage of work, type (s) of service you would perform.
5. Does your company have the financial capability and financial stability, and/or adequate lines of credit to sustain and support a five-year contract at one or more locations, in the event there are delays with the payment process?
6. Does your company have experience with Service Contract Act of 1965 covered contracts? Does your company have experience with Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs)? Please explain any experience your company has had with labor unions.
7. What realistic phase-in period would you require to commence performance with personnel, equipment, and materials?
Responses are limited to not more than 5 pages. The Government will use this information, in addition to other information obtained, to make its small business set-aside decision. Any information provided to the Government as a result of this notice is voluntary. The Government will not pay for any information received in response to this notice or any subsequent announcement related to this notice. All responses to this Sources Sought Notice are to be submitted by 1500 hours Local Time Ft. Belvoir, VA on 16-December, 2019. Response(s) shall be submitted via email will be considered. Submit any response to the following email addresses: Ronald.Mosley@dla.mil
Product Service Code:-
NAICS Code:- 493190 - Other Warehousing and Storage
Primary point of contact:- Ronald Mosley Ronald.Mosley@dla.mil
Phone Number 571-767-9330
Secondary point of contact:- Keecha Elliott Keecha.Elliott@dla.mil
Phone Number 571-767-9318