Mar 21, 2017 10:04 am SOURCES SOUGHT
This is a Sources Sought Notice ONLY. The Logistics and Readiness Center (LRC) has a requirement for Cadet Issue Hooded Black Wool Parka's, quantity (qty) 2016 in various sizes. Fabric/material will be provided by the government as Government Furnished Material (GFM). The fabric/material for the parka outer shell, facing, and hood linings shall be Cloth, Melton, Wool, Type II, weighing 18-20.5 ounces per square yard, composed of 90% reprocessed wool and 10% nylon (+/-3.0%), 58-60" wide excluding selvage, and the color, USMA Local Stock Number C0255 dated 29 Oct 2010). The Parkas are intended for wear by cadets of the United States Military Academy of the Department of the Army at West Point, NY. In accordance with a small business set-aside basis, provided 2 or more qualified small businesses respond to this sources sought synopsis with information sufficient to support a set-aside. Be advised that the U.S. Government will not be able to set aside this requirement if 2 or more small businesses do not respond with information to support the set-aside. We encourage all small businesses, in all socioeconomic categories (including, 8(a) Business Development Program, Small Disadvantage Business, Historically Underutilized Business Zone, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Women-Owned Small Business concerns), to identify their capabilities in meeting the requirement at a fair market price.
This notice is issued solely for information and planning purposes - it does not constitute a Request for Quote (RFQ)/Invitation for Bid (IFB)/Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFQ, IFB or RFP in the future. This notice does not commit the U.S. Government to contract for any supply or service. Further, the U.S. Government is not seeking quotes, bids or proposals at this time and will not accept unsolicited proposals in response to this sources sought notice. The U.S. Government will not pay for any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this notice. Submittals will not be returned to the responder. Not responding to this notice does not preclude participation in any future RFQ or IFB or RFP, if any is issued. If a solicitation is released, it will be synopsized on the Governmentwide Point of Entry. It is the responsibility of potential offerors to monitor the Governmentwide Point of Entry for additional information pertaining to this requirement. The anticipated NAICS code(s) is 315210 - Cut and Sew Apparel Contractors size standard is 750 employees.
A need is anticipated to procure (qty) 2016 Black Wool Parkas in various sizes.
In response to this sources sought, please provide:
1. Name of the firm, point of contact, phone number, email address, DUNS number, CAGE code, a statement regarding small business status (including small business type(s)/certifications(s) such as SDB, 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, WOSB, etc.) and the corresponding NAICS code.
2. Identify whether your firm is interested in competing for this requirement as a prime contractor or not. Identify subcontracting, joint ventures or teaming arrangement that will be pursued, if any.
3. Information in sufficient detail regarding previous experience (indicate whether as a prime contractor or subcontractor) on similar requirements (include size, scope, complexity, timeframe, government or commercial), pertinent certifications, etc., that will facilitate making a capability determination.
4. Information to help determine if the requirement for the Black Wool Parkas is commercially available, including pricing information, basis for the pricing information (e.g., market pricing, catalog pricing), delivery schedules, customary terms and conditions, warranties, etc.
5. Identify how the Army can best structure these contract requirements to facilitate competition by and among small business concerns.
6. Identify any condition or action that may be having the effect of unnecessarily restricting competition with respect to this acquisition. Please contact Maureen Flanagan, at Maureen.A.Flanagan2.email@example.com
845-938-4490, if you believe that this action is unreasonably restricting competition. Include the subject of the acquisition, this announcement, and the MICC POC information from the FedBizOpps notice. Provide the specific aspects that unreasonably restrict competition and the rationale for such conclusion.
7. Recommendations to improve the approach/specifications/draft PWS/PRS to acquiring the identified items/services.